You know what I love more than delicious food? Recipes made with very few dishes. This recipe has a lot of the work done for you, takes less than 20 minutes and is beautifully balanced with chicken sausage, vegetables, and rice.
- 6 Members Mark (Sam’s Club) brand precooked chicken sausage, thinly sliced
- 2 T of minced garlic
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1 large bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small onion, thinly sliced
- 1 package of steam-in-bag broccoli, cooked
- 1/2 cup chicken broth or water
- 1/2 cup tomato sauce (spaghetti sauce is also yummy with an Italian twist!)
- 2 cups of instant rice
- 1/2 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
Heat oil and garlic in skillet, add sausage slices and saute a couple minutes until warmed. Add bell pepper, onion, broth and tomato sauce and simmer for 10 minutes until veggies are tender and liquid is absorbed. While veggies are cooking, cook the broccoli & prepare the rice according to instructions. Stir cooked broccoli & rice into the skillet, sprinkle with cheese and serve.
My picky 4 year old even enjoyed this one! I hope you do too!