In the month of December, the Sparkle Squad habit is Protein! I’m so excited because adding more protein to meals has been a game changer for my energy levels, satiety and cravings. I can’t wait to see how it helps others!
One of the changes I had to make was making my protein options convenient, easy to incorporate into daily life and budget savvy. So without further adieu, My Top 10 Protein Picks from Aldi (and what I do with them!)
1) Mama Cozzi’s Turkey Pepperoni: we use this for homemade pizza nights (as you’ll see below Jack loves these!) and also for pizza wraps. Just put a serving on a tortilla, sprinkle mozzarella cheese, and drizzle some sauce. Microwave for 1 minute (it’ll be hot!) and you’ll have a super easy lunch.
2) Turkey Sausage Snack Sticks: this is a super yummy snack option, that is cheaper than jerky.
3) Liquid Egg Product: I love eggs and every week I make a huge egg bake. This is a super convenient way to add lean protein to my veggie-turkey sausage egg bake.
4) Individual Greek Yogurt Cups: These are a bit of a splurge item for us. Greek yogurt & fruit has become an afternoon staple to help me beat the afternoon slump. (PS- here are 3 Tasty Variations for Greek yogurt cups! It gives me just the right amount of fuel to make it to dinner. PS Lemon Meringue tastes just like Lemon Noosa 😍
5) Millville Protein Bars: I have 2 boxes of protein bars in this post. My preference is this brand because of the cost difference (probably $2 cheaper per box!) and a negligible protein difference compared to the other. This is a great portable post-workout bar.
6) Pre-cooked Chicken Sausage: this is one of the most versatile proteins on the list! Since it’s precooked, it’s easy to throw into a pot of Mac n’ Cheese, top a pizza, or roast with veggies for an easy meal.
7) Tubs of Greek yogurt: I use plain Greek yogurt to make dip (1/2 container+1 packet of ranch) and the vanilla for smoothies or to stir into oatmeal for a protein boost.
8) Lunchmeat: I’m a huge fan of Aldi lunchmeat options. There are many to choose from and these are easily made into sandwiches, wraps, or tossed into a salad.
9) Grilled Chicken Breast Strips: another convenient favorite, I love using this for my Taco Dip Wraps! Another easy way to add protein to create a delicious meal without sacrificing flavor.
10) Protein Meal Bars: so these also made the list because again- they taste amazing! However, they are much more expensive than the Millville brand. It’s convenient and portable which makes these bars ideal to carry in your purse or workout bag when hunger strikes.
If you need to some accountability improving your nutrition habits, check out The Sparkle Squad!