If you’ve been following this blog for awhile, you know I’m all about a few things: 1) balance 2) habits 3) delicious food that actually tastes good 4) saving TIME and MONEY. This blog covers it all!
Right now my nutrition habits is focused on balancing my fat intake. Until recently, my meals had a huge imbalance between fats, carbs and protein. These are ALL important to living a healthy life, but after succumbing to fad diets encouraging high fat foods, low carbs and some protein; my taste buds couldn’t get enough fat and I was overdoing it big time. It was a long process to be able to balance my fats without it feeling like another diet and this has been a huge help in keeping my meals delicious, keeping my budget in check AND making meals easier than ever!
Without further adieu: This month’s marinades!
Each bottle is about $2, I get 3 uses out of each bottle, and can easily pour the meat into a freezer bag and freeze for future use. Easy, convenient, delicious and perfect for my creating balanced meals! I pick the marinade and the back of the bottle has meat pairing ideas and recipe suggestions for easy meal planning. Add veggies and serving of starches and you have a quick, easy, balanced meal.
Here are some balanced meal ideas using these marinades:
- Lemon Garlic Shrimp Skewers with Asparagus and Couscous
- Sweet Asian BBQ Ribs with Steam-in-a-bag Asian veggies and Rice
- Lemon Pepper Tilapia with Salad and Baked Potato Wedges
- Herb & Garlic Chicken with Steamed Broccoli and Baked Potatoes
- Honey Bourbon Beef Bites (large beef cuts) with Salad and Baked Beans
- Baja Chipotle Shrimp Tacos with Grilled Peppers (served with taco fixings)